WELCOME!

Welcome to the Downstage Theatre Blog.

Downstage is NZ's longest running professional theatre, est. 1964. Take a look inside and get a feeling how theatre is produced and updates on our shows and information on specials. If you have any suggestions please email us to marketing@downstage.co.nz

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Adam Page Solo The Big Idea Q & A

Below is a Q and A I filled out for the website www.thebigidea.co.nz I was feeling extra silly when filling it out. Had a lot of fun though!! here 'tis


During what hours of the day do you feel most inspired?

During the sleeping hours


How would a good friend describe your aesthetic or style?

Aesthetically bare footed and stylishly unstylish


What aspect of your creative practice gives you the biggest thrill?

Free beer during my shows.


How does your environment affect your work?

Well I’m not so crash hot on pollution and global warming, so quite negatively I guess.


Do you like to look at the big picture or focus on the details?

I generally prefer to focus on the details of the big picture


What's your number one business tip for surviving (and thriving) in the creative industries?

If you forget someone’s name just call them “Man”, Dude” or “Mate”


Which of your projects to date has given you the most satisfaction?

Writing a piece of music for the 2007 Masters Gymnastics competition… seriously!


Who or what has inspired you recently?

Who?.... the person who invented sesame snaps. What?.... sesame snaps


If you could go back and choose a completely different career path to the one you've chosen, what would it be?

Marine Biology or a journalist for The Big Idea


What place is always with you, wherever you go?

Karamea

What's the best way to listen to music, and why?

With a couple of beers in the bathtub wearing a fishnet shirt and bunny paws… coz that’s how all songs are usually written… well mine anyway.


You are given a piece of string, a stick and some fabric. What do you make?

A surrender flag to use after I insult all the Kiwi’s in the audience during my show.


What's the best stress relief advice you've ever been given?

I don’t think you can publish that.


What's great about today?

My latest contribution to my toilet


What’s great about the NZ Fringe Festival?

Hopefully all the free beer during my shows


What’s your big idea for 2009?

To heal the world, make it a better place, for you, and for me, and the entire human race. There are people dying, if you care enough for the living… make a better place for you and for me.

No comments: